How we protect your little ones
- We do our best to ensure that all our stories are suitable for kids aged 6 – 8 years. Different families define “suitable” differently and it’s difficult to ensure we’re keeping all families happy. But if you feel any of our stories do not fit this category, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Sometimes vocabulary will be more advanced than that of a 6 – 8 year old. This is deliberate. Listening to words read in context (especially supported by relevant sound effects) can help to improve kids’ vocabulary and empower them with better communication skills. We like that 🙂
- If you’re worried about the content of any of the stories, please find the full texts here on the website. Any original stories written by Stories Aloud only have summaries so as not to lose our copyright of them, but we are very happy to send over the full text to you by email should you request.
- The app has been designed with children AND parents/guardians in mind. So we have interrupted any requests to make in-app purchases with a parental gate. The child will be instructed to hand over the device to you before they can complete their action. Should the action be unintended, you can steer them away and back to their stories. If intended, you will be prompted to correct the spelling of famous fairy-tale titles e.g. you’d be presented with Jack and the Beenstolk, which you’d correct to Jack and the Beanstalk. This test it designed to be too difficult for an 8 year old to manage alone. Then you can either enter your AppleID or use your Apple fingerprint to make the in-app purchase.
- If there are any questions or further concerns, please feel free to get in touch. We want you to know that your family is safe with Stories Aloud.